Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Growing Toward the Sun





























Yarn: Fleece Artist "Autumn" from my Practically Perfect Secret Pal

Pattern: Toe-up Beaded Rib from "Sensational Knitted Socks"

Comments: this was my first toe-up and my first short row toe/heel. Not certain I'm a fan of this way round. It's also the first time I've split a ball in two and seen how far I can knit - so these socks are a good 8cm/3 inches longer than I typically make my socks. I think I might like them the shorter length, but we'll see what wearing them teaches me.

Here's a picture of both socks with my feet firmly on the ground.

I lost my mojo for a while and now I'm behind my loose 'one pair per month' plan to get the 12 pairs knitted. I'd better catch up. Good think I'm so enamored with the new Bellatrix socks pattern.

1 comment:

wildflower38 said...

Pretty socks! You did a great job for your first toe-up and short rows