Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Finally, another pair!




I am so behind on my sock knitting and this blog! Looking forward to checking out all your socks, now that I have some to share. I have another pair finished too - just need to weave in the ends.

Pattern: Yarnover Cable (I think) from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Tofutsies in 728 Three Feet Short Colorway
Needles: Crystal Palace Size 2 DPNS
Notes: eh. I wasn't crazy about the Tofutsies. It's really soft, but splitty and I probably should have knitted on 1s instead of 2s like the company suggested. This was my first pair of toe-up socks and my first short row heels and my "purl 3 togethers through the back loops" look like crap, especially in this splitty yarn. I also made them too short (which is not the yarn's fault, of course). The yardage was great though and I probably have enough left over for another pair of small socks.

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

I haven't been to the blog in ages, and here you are, with another pair of socks!

My Tofutsies are a pain in the rear, but I like the way the finished one feels. I have 1 done ... ripped it out 3 times before I got it finished. But I've got some awful pooling and that bums me out.

Yours look great. I like ankle socks for summer.

Unknown said...

They look great!! Sometimes the frustration is worth it once they're complete :-) I have started my next pair three times, and I'm about ready to move onto something else...anyway, yours look beautiful and I love the colors!