Sunday, July 29, 2007

I've been silent for a bit, but I have (!!) two pairs to show off!
First:
Toddler socks for my daughter. I swore I wouldn't make her socks til she stopped growing, but that was before I found out how fast these little things are to pop out! It only took me four hours to make the pair, weaving in the ends and everything!
Specs:
Yarn - ONline Walking Colors #848
Size - Toddler
Needle - ML on size 1 addi turbo
Started - yesterday
Finished - today!!!

Second -
This is the first pair I've every made for myself that actually fit! It's a variation of the Gentlemen's Rib pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks (I didn't have the book on hand and remembered it wrong...) Done in Paton's Kroy Sock, but I don't remember the color offhand, and toddlers and husbands are calling for dinner, so that's all you get!

That makes two whole pairs so far, unless single socks can combine into mismatched pairs, which would make four.....

3 comments:

Kate M said...

I love the way little socks go so fast.

wildflower38 said...

The garter rib stitch socks are pretty.

Tracy said...

I've got to find a baby to knit socks for - my girls are too big. These are both great!