Monday, December 31, 2007

Five pair!

These were giftie socks, started in August and done by Thanksgiving. No one read blogs, so I *could* have posted sooner, and in fact had every intention of doing so, but the picture sat on my camera until last night!so, without further ado, I give you five pair:
From left to right
  • Louet Gems Sport in Linen, Cat Bordhi's Riverbed Master pattern, for the FIL's size 9 feet
  • Louet Gems Fingering in Champagne, Cat Bordhi's Cedar Master Pattern, for Mom's size 8 feet
  • Louet Gems Fingering in Teal, Beaded rib with short row heel, for the MIL's size 5s
  • Louet Gems sport in Charcoal, Cedar Master pattern again, for grandpa's size 11s (!!)
  • Lang Jawoll Color in faded lime, Embossed leaves pattern, for grandma's size 7s
I learned quite a bit making these. The Embossed leaves were the first, and I used the Italian Tubular cast on, which I plan on using again and again. It's fiddly, both to learn and use, but it looks so professional and doesn't bind AT ALL. Plus? Using Cat Bordhi's new book is so much fun! Really makes you think about how the sock can be put together. And they feel heavenly, what with the heel flap that doesn't need stitches picked up. And either of the cuff downs feel really nice on the ankle, too!
So, that makes eight pair completed for me this year. Not one every two months, but at least I met the total count! (I'm not counting the pair of Sockotta mit Bambou that I made over Thanksgiving and I can't locate in the laundry to photograph!) Thanks for the KAL! I had fun everyone!