Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Intro for Jen

Hi! I'm a new knitter. I started a couple of months ago, and like Tracy, I'm a wee bit OCD when it comes to hobbies. I have 3 kids: Noah (6), Griffin (just turned 2) and Quinn (3.5 months). Quinn is a girl, by the way. The name can be either. :)

I am working on my first pair of socks. I think I'm slow at the learning process ... and I'm clueless about so many things. I don't know squat about colorways or yarns or patterns. I am sort of learning as I go. The process is the good part for me - sort of like yoga without all the tight clothes. Anyway, I bought an Ann Norling pattern at my local yarn shop (I guess that's LYS? I keep telling the yarn store people that I speak scrapbooking, not knitting). And I bought some pretty yarn. And I asked if the two would work together and the yarn chick said yes. So there you go. I am using size 2 dpns, and the socks are worked from the top down. I have the first one about 75% done. I will take a picture and post it when I get a chance. I have also made a couple of baby hats, a little wrap around knit dress, a skirt for my baby girl (that is too big so I'm working on a second one in the same yarn), and a pair of knit pants that ended up too short but are still wearable.

Oh - I should also mention I'm married, right? :-) Bob is too funny. He had to go into the yarn store with me the other night because I forgot my purse at home. And he started picking up all sort of books and samples and now has a list of things he wants me to make for him. Very supportive, that one! And he overestimates my abilities.

I'm glad Traci set this up - I can't wait to see everyone's stuff!

No comments: