Thursday, April 12, 2007

SuperHero Socks



Hi, my name is Trina (GoldieLocs) and I'm new to this KAL. In fact, this is my very first KAL and I'm so excited. I am in the process of knitting my second pair of socks ever, but the first pair for this KAL! They are for my four-year-old son, who I refer to as The SuperHero online. They are knit with Cherry Tree Hill yarn in Life's a Beach colorway. He chose it himself. I'm a part-time SAHM, which means I work in the evenings and home during the day. I'm an adjunct professor at a university nearby and teach in the evenings. I keep thinking my responsibilities must surely be the reason why I knit so slowly. I cannot imagine anyone finishing 52 socks in 52 weeks, though I think it's awesome. I may just be the slow-pokiest slow-poke around. Hi everyone!

5 comments:

Traci said...

Welcome! Your sock looks beautiful!

I think it's cute that there's a little color trend going on in this KAL--three socks already in that type of green/yellow colorway! :D

Tracy said...

Love that colorway! I did a deeply sad pair of socks for my daughter in the Daffodil colorway from Lorna's Laces that looked very similar. It seems that you are doing much better than I did with it!

Welcome to the KAL!

Trina said...

If thoseo are the socks you knit, then I'd say they were very successful. She looks delighted! This colorway is growing on me. He is so anxiously awaiting them. If only I could knit faster. If anyone has tips, I'm all ears/eyes...

Tracy said...

teehee! No, those are my other daughter's first pair of socks. Also Lorna's Laces, but in the rainbow colorway. Hers turned out ok, except for the pooling that is so obvious in that picture!

I have no tips for faster knitting. Other than lowering your standards for bathroom cleanliness :) It's amazing how low mine can go...

It is very satisfying to makes socks for people you love. Keeping their sweet little tootsies warm. Your son is going to love them!

Sandykins57 said...

Welcome, Trina!