Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Rachel's Intro

Hi, my name is Rachel. I'm a working Mom with a wonderful DH and two lovely daughters (ages 11 and 13). My Grandmother taught me how to knit when I was about 10 years old. I remember making a "pair" of mittens that ended up being two totally different sizes. After that, I didn't knit at all until about 2 years ago when my daughter asked me to teach her how to knit. In the process of refreshing my memory and teaching her, I became totally addicted. I have accumulated quite a lot of sock yarn, and I'm sure this KAL will be a fun way to help me use some of it up. I'd also like to try some different techniques, such as toe-up and socks on circulars. Right now I'm working on Pomatomus from Knitty, and they are turning out really nice. I'm working almost to the heel of sock #2, so I should be done soon.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Rachel! Do your girls knit too? I have two girls about the same age difference as your girls (mine are 6 and 8), so I'll be living your life in a few years :)

Rachel said...

Hi Tracy. Both my girls know how to knit, but it isn't something they really like doing. I'm actually ok with that - I can't imagine having 3 obsessed knitters in the same house. We'd be buried in yarn .. LOL. The teen years are going to be a real challenge as I can already see with my 13 year old. The bright side is that eventually they will grow up and become sane again - at least I think so. : }