Sunday, April 1, 2007

joining the round

One of the things I'm looking forward to about this KAL is sharing tips/techniques. I'll occasionally start "technique" posts, and we can discuss them by adding comments to the post. If you have a technique you'd like to discuss, just start a post about it! :)

This post's topic: joining the round.

I have joined the round by doing nothing; swapping the last stitch over the first stitch; and casting on one extra stitch, then knitting this together with the first stitch.

Casting on one extra stitch and then knitting it together with the first cast on stitch is my favorite method...mostly because I knit fairly tightly, so I find swapping the last over the first pretty difficult.

How about you?

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Very good tip! I will have to try this out on my next socks.