Friday, April 27, 2007

Sock Follow-up

This is a follow-up to my previous post about the modified Jaywalker. I don't know how well you can see it in the picture on that post, but because I didn't put the ribbing on the top, there was some curling. On the second sock, I've started with a knit row, two purl rows, and a knit row, but it's too early to tell if that did the trick. Meanwhile, I decided to go ahead and try a crocheted edging along the top. I grabbed a copy of Knitting Loves Crochet from the library and put the simple shell edging along the cuff top. (Basically, it's a row of single crochet, with a couple of extra stitches at each point to turn the corner, followed by *3 double crochets, skip one stitch, single crochet, skip one and then repeat that sequence from the *.) I put it on my foot again, and it seems to have done the trick. Hooray.


Tracy said...

That looks really cool!

Jen L. said...

It gives the sock a really feminine touch ... pretty!

Samantha said...

I like!